Tuesday 28 July 2009

The Magic
























The Magic are one of my favourite bands, I've listened to them almost every week for the past year or so.

Formed by brothers Geordie and Evan Gordon who also back one time Unicorn Nick Thorburn's new band Human Highway (who I once, drunkenly, insulted for no real reason when Islands were playing in London).

They were also the best band I saw at this years SXSW. After getting an excited phone call telling me the Magic were splitting Human Highway's set and would be playing across town in 15 minutes, I ditched my strawberry frappuccino (a boy needs to keep cool sometimes) and hot footed it over to the other side of town to see their power disco pop in all it's glory. They looked incredible:























Anyway, I love the Magic. You will too.

No comments: