Wednesday 30 December 2009

Motown Mixtape



Whilst ensconced back home I decided to make a mixtape in between reading and eating Twiglets.

Having been brought up listening to Motown (and a strange amount of prog) I've always been a little obsessed, so here's a little mixtape I made of some of my favourite songs to come out on the label. I decided to choose songs that weren't massive hits because everyone has a Motown compilation with those on there right? You'll probably know some (or maybe all) of these songs, they're not all super obscure - b-sides to big singles/ used on a KFC advert etc etc. Anyway, hopefully these songs aren't too played out and this mixtape will be of some interest...

1. 'Bye Bye Baby' – Mary Wells (Released December 1960)
2. 'Jamie' – Eddie Holland (Released October 1961)
3. 'Contract On Love' – Little Stevie Wonder (Released December 1962)
4. 'There He Is (At My Door)' – Martha & The Vandellas (Released July 1964 – b-side to ‘Dancing In The Street’)
5. 'You’ve Been A Long Time Coming' – Marvin Gaye (Released January 1965 – b-side to ‘I’ll Be Doggone’)
6. 'My Baby' – The Freeman Brothers (Released mid-1965)
7. 'You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me' – The Miracles (Released November 1962)
8. 'Put Yourself In My Place' – The Elgins (Released December 1965)
9. 'Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)' – Chris Clark (Unreleased – recorded 1966)
10. 'Just A Little Misunderstanding' – The Contours (Released 1966)
11. 'I Like Everything About You' – The Four Tops (Released July 1966 – b-side to ‘Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever’)
12. 'Mother You, Smother You' – The Supremes (Released October 1966 – b-side to ‘You Keep Me Hangin’ On’)
13. 'Since I Left You Girl' – The Monitors (Released November 1966)
14. 'I Think I Can Change You' – The Marvelettes (Released December 1966 – b-side to ‘The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game’)

DOWNLOAD - MOTOWN MIXTAPE DECEMBER 2009 (YOUSENDIT LINK)

1 comment:

Nick said...

hi,

dead link
Really would like to hear this mixtape.

grts